Install macOS Catalina 10.15 on VirtualBox on Windows PC. Now you are done completely with the steps of macOS 10.15 on VirtualBox. Therefore, open VirtualBox and start the installation of macOS Catalina 10.15 on VirtualBox. After that, you run the installation just follow the steps to install properly macOS Catalina 10.15 on VirtualBox. Install Oracle VM VirtualBox on Windows. First and foremost, pull up the VirtualBox.
Today you will learn, How to Install macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows? But before getting started let’s know about macOS 10.14 Mojave.
macOS 10.14 Mojave is the new operating system for Mac computers which is named from desert instate of the mountain this time. During the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2018, Apple revealed they are working even more on their services. Which covers macOS, TVOS, watchOS, iOS and Finally macOS.
After macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Apple brought many effective and required features inside the macOS 10.14 Mojave. Some of the major updates are Dark Mode, a dynamic background which changes according to the hour of the day, Voice memos, Group FaceTime, New App Store, News, Stocks and more.
The good news is that John, the founder, and admin of techsviewer.com, created the macOS 10.14 Mojave Virtual Image for Windows Users. Infect anyone who has the mac, can create Virtual Image of Mac OS for Windows Users. if you want to know how to Read the How to Install macOS High Sierra in VirtualBox on Windows 10 by Justin Pot on Howtogeek.com.
- New: How to Install macOS Big Sur on VirtualBox on Windows?
So, Windows users, if your PC has at least 6GB RAM, 64-Bit Running Windows, then you are welcome to use the macOS 10.14 Mojave. According to John, your PC must have an SSD too, but I am testing mac operating systems on HDD. The Reason Why I am recommending an SSD is, Further your HDD will face too many much problems just like mines did.
Required Files to Install macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows:
- WinRAR or 7Zip
- Download macOS Mojave 10.14 ( One part )
- Download macOS Mojave 10.14 ( 9 parts )
Because of too many downloads, the One Part and 9 Parts won’t work, hence, use the Media Fire Link for downloading.
We have installed and tested macOS Mojave 10.14 in VirtualBox on Windows and it worked perfectly. You may try VirtualBox Mojave 10.14.3 HFS Version or APFS version.
Also Read: Install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware on Windows 10
Watch on YouTube
Step 1. Download and Install VirtualBox
VirtualBox is an open source virtualization software for mac, windows, Linux, and Solaris. If you are about to install and test macOS 10.12 Mojave on Virtual on Windows, you need to download & Install the latest version of VirtualBox.
However, if you are using Virtualbox 4.x and older version again it can work, but it may cause you some problem.
Step 2. Extract macOS Mojave 10.12 Virtual Image
macOS 10.14 Mojave is compressed and zipped for storing less storage and security. While creating macOS 10.12 Virtual Image we, usually compress them because of its size. The actual size of macOS 10.14 Mojave is 10 GB & when we compressed it, it becomes 6.x GB.
In order to unzip the macOS 10.14 Mojave, you can use 7Zip or WinRAR. 7Zip is an open source application but WinRAR gives you 30 days to purchase.
Step 3. Create a New Virtual machine for macOS 10.12 Mojave
Once you installed VirtualBox on your system, launch the program, and click on “New” at the top window. This will open the Virtual Machine Wizard.
- First, type a name for the Virtual Machine.
- After typing the name for Virtual Machine, copy it.
- For Memory size, increase its memory up to 4096 MB which will be 4 GB RAM.
Note: While typing a name for the virtual machine in VirtualBox, it will detect the version and architecture. But If you type unfair name like test 1, it won’t detect the version and architecture, that select them manually.
Step 4. Add the macOS 10.14 Mojave Virtual Image to Virtual Machine
Once you specified the amount of RAM, you will be directed to the Hard Disk Panel. Here you have to locate the macOS 10.14 Mojave and to do that,
- First, Select Use an existing Virtual Hard Disk File.
- Then, click on the yellow folder and locate the macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- Once you did that click create.
Step 5. Customizing Virtual Machine’s Preferences
Well, if you want to work perfectly with macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox, then you have to customize some settings. The settings which need to be customized for better performance is
- Boot Order
- Amount of Processors
- Video memory
- and Storage cache
To edit them, select the created Virtual machine and select settings. First, open system panel and uncheck floppy from boot order.
Now, move to the Process tab, increase the amount of processor from 1 to 2 processor and also enable the Enable PAE/NX feature.
Move to the Display Panel and increase the video memory from 1 to 128 MB, if you desire you can also enable the 3D accelerations.
The last one but not least is enabling the caching feature. To do that, visit the storage tab, on the attributes panel enable Use Host I/O cache.
Step 6. Enable Apple Services for macOS 10.14 Mojave with Command Prompt and Codes
By default, VirtualBox has the ability to support the Apple operating system. But when you are testing Mac OS, it fails to start the process of installing and using Mac Operating Systems. That’s the reason for using the codes.
Code For Virtual Box 5.x and 6.x:
Code For VirtualBox 4.x
If you Remembered, while creating Virtual Machine, I told you to copy the Virtual Machine Name that you are typing. Now you need to Replace that name with
'Virtual Machine Name'
Once you replaced the name with Virtual Machine, follow the below procedures.
- First, Run Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Copy each line of code one by one and paste that on Command Prompt. When you did press enter.
Step 7. Install macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox
- Open VirtualBox and start the created Virtual Machine.
- Wait for some seconds until the codes panel and apple logo go away.
- On the Welcome screen, select your country and select continue.
- Select your Keyboard layout.
- Select, don’t transfer any information type and click continue.
- Decide to sign in with Apple ID or Not.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Create an Account for the macOS Mojave 10.14.
- Choose a look for your Mac Device, whether it is the light mode or Dark Mode.
- Select Continue on the Express Set up window.
- Wait for Some seconds until your Mac is set up for use.
When you installed macOS 10.14 Mojave, learn how to customize 10 new features in macOS Mojave.
well, It was all about How to Install macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows. I hope it was helpful for you for testing the new macOS 10.14 Mojave on Windows. If you really liked the post please comment on the post, so we feel better. And by the Once read the what’s your idea for this Post and give us 5 stars.
Many of us would want to switch to a Mac OS but Windows OS has its own advantages that are too good to let go off. Having two different systems doesn’t really make sense. So, what does one do?
Well there is a solution to this, VirtualBox! If your system meets the hardware and software requirements then you successfully Install MacOS On Windows 10
Read on to know what is a Virtual Box and how you can run Mac OS on Windows computer.
What is VirtualBox?
VirtualBox is a virtualization application available cross platform. It can be used to run multiple operating system on single computer, that is Windows, Mac, Linux or Windows Server. It works on Intel or AMD based processors. You can use it as Virtual Machine for Mac.
Minimum System Requirements:
Before you plan to install VirtualBox, here are the 3 little system requirements:
- 4 GB RAM
- 64-Bit Computer
- Dual core processor
How To Install MacOS On Windows 10: Quick Steps
After checking minimum requirements, you can proceed further with these steps to install macOS High Sierra on your Windows 10 computer.
- Download macOS High Sierra from the given link and extract the Zip file on your desktop.
- Download and install the latest version of VirtualBox from the given link.
- After download and installation of VirtualBox open the app and click on New button given at the top. Here you will need to enter some details.
As you can see in the screenshot you need to make these entries:
Name: macOS 10.12 Sierra
Type: Mac OS X
Version: 10.12 Sierra
- After making these entries click on Next. You will be asked for a Hard Disk. Choose “Use an existing virtual hard disk file” and click on the folder icon to choose the file on desktop from downloaded OS X Sierra to install Mac OS on VirtualBox.
- Now click on the settings icon given at the top of the virtual box. You will be on the General tab.
- Click on System next to General. Here you will find three tabs click on the Drag slider in front of processor to 2 and make sure that Enable PAE/NX is enabled.
- Now click on the Motherboard tab and unselect Floppy and make sure that IHC9 is selected in dropdown.
- Now, navigate to Display and drag the slider in front of Video memory to 128 MB.
- Finally, head to Storage in the side pane and choose macOS 10.12 Sierra.vmdk under Attributes, set the Hard Diskto SATA Port 0. When you are done, click OK.
- Now, that you are done with the settings on virtual box you can close it. Our next step will be to add code to VirtualBox with Command Prompt.
- Here is the code that you should copy on the notepad.
cd “C:Program FilesOracleVirtualBox”
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm “macOS 10.12 Sierra” –cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff
VBoxManage setextradata “macOS 10.12 Sierra” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct” “iMac11,3”
VBoxManage setextradata “macOS 10.12 Sierra” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion” “1.0”
VBoxManage setextradata “macOS 10.12 Sierra” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct” “Iloveapple”
VBoxManage setextradata “macOS 10.12 Sierra” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey” “ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc”
Mac Os With Virtualbox
VBoxManage setextradata “macOS 10.12 Sierra” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC” 1.
How To Install Mac Os X Snow Leopard In Virtualbox On Windows 10
- Now run Command Prompt as Administrator. You can choose Run as Administrator by right clicking Command Prompt icon.
- In the Command Prompt copy and paste the above code and hit enter. You will see a screen like this.
- Now, close the Command Prompt and open VirtualBox on your computer. Select macOS 10.2 Sierra and click on Start after a couple of seconds your Virtual Mac machine will be started.
- Go ahead and set up your virtual Mac machine. After the set up your Virtual Mac with Mac OS sierra is ready to use.
Install Windows 10 Virtualbox Mac
Install Mac On Virtualbox In Windows 10
That’s it! Now your Mac OS X Virtual Machine is ready. So, you do not need to spend extra money to enjoy the feature or your all-time favorite operating system Mac OS. You can get this on your computer for free with Install macOS on Windows 10.