Slack is a new way to communicate with your team. It’s faster, better organized, and more secure than email. Slack is a distributed platform and during any given incident it is rare for all Slack teams to be affected. For this reason, we report our uptime as an average derived from the number of affected users. The Slack Academy will be open for enrolment soon. Sign up to get notified when doors open.
- The Slackers
- The Slackers Band
- The Slackers Bandcamp
- The Slack Value For Binding Constraints Is
- The Slackers Wasted Days
Slack replaced a single in-box with distinct chat channels, moved group discussions into a persistent chat format, and made all of these discussions searchable. For teams straining under e-mail. Slack’s free mode limits app integrations to 10. This roadblock goes away in the paid plans, and businesses can take full advantage of Slack’s more than 2,400 app integration possibilities.
Slack is a tool that enhances work group communications. It provides a platform for individuals and groups to chat live online and keep conversations organized and accessible from anywhere, anytime. Stanford Slack Grid, or Stanford Slack, is the enterprise version of Slack. It allows teams within Stanford to have separate, but connected, workspaces across the university.
With Stanford Slack it's easy to discover and join other workspaces that are central to your work, although some workspaces require approval to join. You'll also be able to send a direct message to almost anyone at Stanford.
First time logging into Stanford Slack? Follow these instructions.
- Message broadly — Stanford Slack is an enterprise-wide version allowing you to easily instant message individuals and groups, and share topic channels with any of your Stanford colleagues (that have Slack accounts), not just those in your local workspace.
- Connect easily and securely — Stanford Slack lets you quickly log in and authenticate with your SUNet ID.
- Find colleagues easily — Stanford Slack is fully integrated with the Stanford directory, letting you to easily find the account of any of your colleagues using Stanford Slack, not just those in your local workspace.
- Open communication channels to other Stanford workspaces — Stanford Slack allows you to share your channels with other workspaces in Stanford Slack.
Faculty, staff, and students
Base or full SUNet ID
Stanford Slack is approved for Low, Moderate, and High Risk Data, other than protected health information (PHI). Non-PHI High Risk data should be shared in private channels or direct messages only.
The Slackers Band
Stanford Slack Grid is provided at no cost to Stanford University faculty, staff, and students.
Download or launch Stanford Slack
The Slackers Bandcamp
- Select your platform to download and install the Slack app:
- Launch Slack from a web browser.
After logging in with your SUNet ID, you'll see the workspaces you are a member of and any workspaces you are eligible to join.
The Slack Value For Binding Constraints Is
Use Stanford Slack
The Slackers Wasted Days
- #slack-training channel — get Slack training resources and information from your Stanford colleagues
- Using Slack — get to know the basics from the Slack Help Center
- Slack Guides — tips and tools from the Slack Help Center
- Slack Tips — get more out of Slack
- Learn about Slack Connect
- Visit UIT's Slack Blog
- For assistance, please submit a Help ticket.
- Visit the Slack Help Center for information about using and administering Slack.