The Goldberg Variations, BWV 988, is a musical composition for keyboard by Johann Sebastian Bach, consisting of an aria and a set of 30 variations.First published in 1741, it is named after Johann Gottlieb Goldberg, who may also have been the first performer of the work. Despite being ordained as a priest in 1703, Vivaldi was appointed the violin master at the Ospedale and his association with the music school lasted until 1740, by which time his reputation in Europe had been secured thanks largely to the wonderful performances of the girls he instructed. Monthly試聴会:番外編開催のご案内 SAECケーブル&トーンアーム・プチ試聴イベント コロナ禍に振り回された2020年Mon.
Il cimento dell'armonia e dell'inventione (The Contest Between Harmony and Invention) is a set of twelve concertos written by Antonio Vivaldi between 1723 and 1725 and published in 1725 as Op. 8. All are for violin solo, strings, and basso continuo. The first four concertos are usually known as The Four Seasons (Le quattro stagioni).
They were published in the Amsterdam workshop of Michel-Charles Le Cène and dedicated to Wenceslas, Count of Morzin, an advisor to Charles VI, Holy Roman Emperor (not to be confused with Karl Joseph, Count Morzin, benefactor of Joseph Haydn).
List of concertos
- Concerto No. 1 in E major, 'La primavera' (Spring), RV 269
- Concerto No. 2 in G minor, 'L'estate' (Summer), RV 315
- Concerto No. 3 in F major, 'L'autunno' (Autumn), RV 293
- Concerto No. 4 in F minor, 'L'inverno' (Winter), RV 297
- Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, 'La tempesta di mare' (The Storm at Sea or The Sea Storm), RV 253
- Concerto No. 6 in C major, 'Il piacere' (Pleasure), RV 180
- Concerto No. 7 in D minor, 'Per Pisendel' (For Pisendel), RV 242
- Concerto No. 8 in G minor, RV 332
- Concerto No. 9 in D minor, RV 236 (scored for violin) / RV 454 (scored for oboe)
- Concerto No. 10 in B-flat major, 'La caccia' (The Hunt), RV 362
- Concerto No. 11 in D major, RV 210
- Concerto No. 12 in C major, RV 178 (scored for violin) / RV 449 (scored for oboe)
- ^Eleanor Selfridge-Field's edition of ″The Four Seasons″ score for Dover Publications, 1995
- Il cimento dell'armonia e dell'inventione: Scores at the International Music Score Library Project